Munzee values the privacy of our customers (collectively or individually, "Users") who use the mobile applications, Munzee Web site, and other web sites, online services, or content (e.g., feeds and applications) owned or operated by Munzee (collectively, the "Munzee Services").
This Privacy Notice governs the Munzee Services, and details important information about the use and disclosure of User information collected through the Munzee Services. Munzee provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use the Munzee Services.
This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to Munzee Terms of Service. Your use of the Munzee Services and any personal information you provide on the Munzee Services remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and the Terms of Service.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENTS:
- Unlimited Data and messaging plans are recommended for the Munzee Services.
- Munzee collects, maintains, uses, and displays your personal data and the geographic location of your mobile device (we call this location fix of your device "location information" or "geo-location") to provide the Munzee Services.
- By using the Munzee Services, you have consented to the use of your device's location to provide Munzee's services. An example of which is to allow us to verify that you have captured a Munzee and are at the correct location.
- Please note that any personal information you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be read, collected, and used by others and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Munzee is not responsible for the information that you choose to disclose publicly on or through the Munzee Services.
THE INFORMATION MUNZEE COLLECTS:
- "REGISTRATION INFORMATION": You provide certain personally-identifiable information (such as your name, email address, password, social media site usernames, etc.) when subscribing to the Munzee Services.
- "PROFILE INFORMATION": When using the Munzee Services you provide certain other personal information and content - such as event times, device information, and locations that can be viewable in our software, website and forums.
- "LOCATION INFORMATION": To provide the Munzee Services, we derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you used to register. This location tracking of your mobile device may occur even when the Munzee mobile applications are not actively open and running in the foreground, but your location is only being used to display on your device and is not being shared with other users.
- "COOKIES, PERSISTENT FILE INFORMATION": When you use the Munzee Services, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. Munzee may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your web browser and may be used by us during your subsequent visits to the Munzee Web site. Persistent cookies set by the Munzee Web site can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- "LOG FILE INFORMATION": When you use the Munzee Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your usage. These server logs may include information such as a mobile device identification number and device identifier, web requests, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, search terms, ratings, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, features used in the Munzee mobile applications, the amount of time spent on particular screens, the dates and times of your requests, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
THE WAY MUNZEE USES INFORMATION:
- Munzee uses your personally identifiable, registration, profile, and location information to operate, maintain, and provide to you all of the features and functionality of the Munzee Services.
- To provide the basic functionality of the Munzee Services – your location is essential info used to verify that you are at the required location for a feature in Munzee. That location is stored on the Munzee servers when a capture verification occurs. At no time is your location being stored or transmitted for any other reason other than those essential for the Munzee Services.
- Munzee uses your personally identifiable, location, and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous log file information) to track and analyze User preferences and trends in order to improve the quality and design of the Munzee Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services.
- Munzee uses your email address or mobile number from time-to-time to send you messages from Munzee such as privacy or security related notices, notifying you of major Munzee Services updates, or for other customer service purposes.
WHEN MUNZEE DISCLOSES INFORMATION:
- Munzee discloses some personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information to subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons to: (a) provide certain features; (b) serve relevant advertisements in support of the Munzee Services; and (c) process such information on our behalf. For example, we may disclose information to wireless carrier partners for the purpose of revenue recognition, or we may disclose certain information in order to provide mapping, points-of-interest, local content, or navigation features. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice and use appropriate confidentiality and security measures, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information.
- Munzee discloses aggregate, anonymous log file and usage information in reports to interested third parties to assist those parties in understanding the usage patterns and performance results of certain advertisements, content, services, promotions, or features. For example, we may provide aggregate-level reports to an advertising partner for the purpose of showing delivery and performance statistics of a specific advertising campaign.
- Munzee may release personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- Munzee also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information that Munzee believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: enforce our Terms of Service; take precautions against liability; protect Users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; assist government enforcement agencies; protect the security or integrity of the Munzee Services; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Munzee, Users, or others.
- Munzee does not disclose your personally identifiable information or location information connected to your personally identifiable information to other companies for their commercial use without your express consent or unless you have opted-in to be part of a specific program or feature in accordance with the applicable Munzee Services consent procedures.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY:
Munzee uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that Munzee receives on your behalf to operate the Munzee Services or that you transmit to Munzee and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Munzee learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Munzee may post a notice on the Munzee Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Munzee does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Munzee Services from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of Munzee Services is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE MUNZEE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If Munzee learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on the Munzee Services without verifiable parental consent, then Munzee will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Munzee Services account, then you may alert Munzee at firstname.lastname@example.org
and request that Munzee delete that child's personal information from our systems.
The Munzee Services are hosted in the United States. If you are using the Munzee Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND AD-SERVING COMPANIES:
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY:
In the event that Munzee is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control so that the Munzee Services can continue operations. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by the "last modified" notice at the top. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the Munzee Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions. If we decide to change our privacy policies, then we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information. If we make such material changes to this policy, then we will notify you here in this Privacy Notice, by email, or by means of a notice on the Munzee Services home page.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact our Privacy Manager at email@example.com